This weeks club notes includes information about a new programme which the club will be introducing to help build a community that will become healthier and improve the relationship between the football club and the localpeople, click on the link to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 17/08/15
- Downpatrick has team up with KLAS Management to bring an Exercise and Weight Management Programme to the town. This ten week programme will be delivered by fully qualified coaches and focuses on how we look after our health through two distinct areas – Exercise and Education. The programme caters for all types of abilities, ages and people with disability, it encourages and motivates you to change your habits on a manageable basis to help improve your overall health. The club will be hosting some information sessions in the next few weeks, keep an eye on these club notes, our website (www.downpatrickfc.co.uk) and our Social Media sites for further updates.
- The first team have a free week this Saturday which gives the players an opportunity to ease those small knocks they have been carrying from the frantic start to the season. Last Saturday’s match against Ballynure OB’s in the first round of the Steel & Sons Cup was sponsored by McCartan’s Sports (see photo), Downpatrick. We would like to thank Paul McCartan for his continued support to the football club. If you have a business and would like to sponsor us please contact Tony McShane on 07716 853990.
- The seconds travel to play Killough in their second league game of the season, kick off for this match is 2.00pm.
- Downpatrick Ladies welcome league leaders Linfield Swifts to Dunleath tonight (Wednesday) in their second last game of the season. The ladies still have an outside chance of gaining promotion and all support will be greatly appreciated, this game kicks off at 7.30pm.
- Training continues for our underage teams in preparation for the leagues kicking off in early September, each team manager will be in touch for more details of training times for the coming week.
- The second week of our Development Centre continues on Monday 24th August at the 3G pitch in the Red High from 6pm – 7pm. This centre is for boys and girls aged 6 years old – 10 years old and costs £2.00 per child.