This weeks club notes will keep you up-to-date with all the fixtures and information on our Building Better Lives exercise and weight programme, click on the link below to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 25/04/16
- Downpatrick play three fixtures this week starting with Malachians at Rosconnor on Tuesday night, then they welcome neighbours Kilmore Rec on Thursday night, both these games kick off at 45pm. On Saturday they make the short journey to neighbours Ardglass at St Nicholas pitch, this match kicks off at 2.00pm.
- The seconds are in action on Tuesday 19th April, they play Killough in Dunleath with a 30pm kick off. We would like to thank Downe Travel, Downpatrick for sponsoring last Saturday’s match.
- After our successful Building Better Lives Fitness and Training Programme before Easter, plans are in place for another programme, training starts on Monday 25th, for more information contact Emma Bohill 07592 550372. Everyone is welcome to attend, people from any background i.e. fitness fanatics, those who don’t exercise, male and females and any people of any age.
- The ladies season got underway last Wednesday, when the played Bangor Ladies at Kilmore Playing Fields. Both teams played out an entertaining match which they drew two each, the game however ended in controversy with Downpatrick leading 2 – 1 thanks to goals from Emma Carling and Morgan Shannon. The last ten minutes of the games was played in complete darkness with both teams being unable to see each other. The ladies travel to play Chimney Corner Ladies on Monday 25th April in the first round of the Toal’s Challenge Cup, this match kicks off at 00pm, and then on Wednesday 27th they play Ballynahinch Ladies at the Assumption Grammar School with a 7.30pm kick off. All support welcome.
- All youth players are reminded that their final instalment of training fees are now due, coaches will be in contact with the details soon.
- The under 15’s play on Saturday morning in the Lisburn League against Lisburn Distillery, this match kicks off at 9.30am at Wallace Park.
- The under 13’s are in action on Wednesday night, they play Tollymore in Dunleath in a league game, this match kicks off at 00pm. Last Wednesday night they also played Tollymore in Dunleath and both teams played a very entertaining game which finished one all. Downpatrick’s goal was scored by James Byrne. On Sunday they were due to play Portaferry in Dunleath but were left disappointed when Portaferry failed to turn up without any notification.
- The 9-a-side development squad play Dromara Village at 30am and Celtic Bhoys at 9.55am this Saturday morning in Dunleath.
- Mini Soccer is on this Sunday morning at the 3G pitch in the Red High, the coaches will be in contact before the weekend with all the information.
- There will be NO Mini Soccer training on Monday 2nd of May due to the Bank Holiday but continues on Monday 9th at the 3G pitch in the Red High and indoors for the u6’s in the De La Salle High School. All old and new players are welcome, for more information please contact Youth Development Officer Paul Moore 07549 661772.