This weeks club notes include details of all fixtures and training sessions including the times and venues of each session, click on the link to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 17/10/16
- Everyone at the football club would like to wish club captain and stalwart Barry Fitzsimons and wife to be Noreen Milligan all the best for their up and coming wedding on Saturday and wishing you both a life time of happiness and joy. The players are taking bets on how soon after becoming a married man Barry will be told to hang up the boots!!!!
- The first team welcome bottom of the table Nortel to Rosconnor on Saturday in a league game, this match kicks off at 2.00pm.
- The seconds got their first victory in a number of weeks when they beat neighbours Rossglass County in Dunleath on Saturday by a scoreline of 8 – 4. Downpatricks goals were scored by Damian Turley (2), Ryan McCoubrey (2), Sean McMahon, Charlie Holland, Adrian McCoubrey and Conail Kerr. The seconds have no fixture this week due to other clubs being involved in the Junior Shield/Cup.
- The under 19’s will be looking to carry on with their winning streak on Saturday morning, they play Greenisland at Fullerton Park pitches, kick off is at 9.00am.
- The under 16’s are in NIBFA Cup action this Saturday, they are away to Ballymoney Youth in the second round, this match is at the Joey Dunlop Sports Centre and kicks off at 1.30pm.
- The under 15’s will be looking to bounce back after last Saturday’s defeat to Coney Island, they were beat 3 – 2, Downpatricks goals coming from Ethan Breen and Luke Shields. This Saturday morning the play Newcastle in Donard Park, with a 10.50am kick off.
- The under 13’s will be looking to return to winning ways after their second defeat in a row on Saturday morning at the hands of neighbours Tollymore by a scoreline of 4 – 3. Downpatrick had raced into a three nil lead in the first half aided by a gale force wind, the goals coming from a Lee Curtis brace and Karl Kearney. This Saturday they play TW Braga at Wallace Park, this match kicks off at 11.15am.
- The 9-a-side Development team play Ballynahinch Olympic at 11.15am and Coney Island at 11.40am on Pitch 3 in Dunleath.
- The mini soccer continues on Sunday morning at the Red High, the coaches will be in touch about who’s playing at what time.
- The mini soccer training at the Red High is from 6.00pm – 7.00pm. This training is for children born in 2010, 2009 & 2008. Then training for children born in 2007 & 2006 will train from 7.00pm – 8.00pm.
- Training for children aged 4 and 5 year olds started on Monday 10th October from 6.00pm – 7.00pm.