This weeks club notes include information on our upcoming fundraiser, weekly fixtures and training sessions, click on the link below to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 27-03-17
- Downpatrick are planning on holding a Junior Strictly Come Dancing Fundraiser in June, we are looking for Boys & Girls aged between 12 & 18 years old to participate. If you’re interested in taking part please PM our Facebook page or e-mail the club at email@example.com.
- The results for March’s 100 Club Draw which was held last Saturday in Murphy’s Bar are as follows – 1st Prize – £250.00 No. 50 Madeline Crawford, 2nd Prize – £150.00 No. 89 Liam Kearney & 3rd Prize – £100.00 No. 80 Colin Dryden. We would like to thank all those who support our football club through this fundraiser, April’s Draw will be held on Saturday 29th April in Murphy’s Bar.
- This Saturday Downpatrick are at Rosconnor Playing Field, they welcome Malachians in the league, and this match kicks off at 2.00pm.
- The seconds play neighbours Rossglass County this Saturday in the league, this match is in Dunleath and kicks off at 2.00pm.
- Training for the ladies continues on Monday night, all players are asked to be at the Red High 3G pitch for 6.50pm for training to start prompt at 7.00pm, please bring a bottle of water. All old and new players are welcome. The ladies have their first pre-season friendly on Wednesday night against Kilmore Rec. ladies, this match kicks off at 6.30pm.
- Three of our young coaches recently received the Silver Certificate for Coaching/Volunteering at Wellington Park Hotel. Conor Moore, Conor Logue and Conail Gardiner have all racked up over 50 hours of Volunteering at the Football Club, well done boys – keep up the good work.
- The under 16’s play Shankill Juniors this Saturday in the Supplementary Cup, this match kicks off at 11.15am in Ballymacoss.
- The under 15’s have a free week this Saturday.
- The under 13’s play Lisburn Ladies on Saturday morning, this match is at Glenmore with a 11.15am kick off.
- The 9-a-side development team have two games on Saturday morning, they play Celtic Bhoys in the first game at 11.25am and then they play Tollymore at 11.50am, both matches are in Dunleath.
- The Mini Soccer continues on Sunday morning, the coaches will contact the players about what times they play at.
- Our Mini Soccer and under 6 training also continues on Monday nights, the under 6’s and kids born in 2010, 2009 and 2008 is from 6.00pm – 7.00pm and those children born in 2007 and 2006 is from 7.00pm – 8.00pm. Please note the under 6’s training is indoor.