Club Notes – Week Beginning 04/03/19
- At the time of writing Downpatrick play Shankill United on Saturday afternoon in the league, this game is at Rosconnor and kicks off at 2.00pm.
- The ladies continue their pre-season preparations on Sunday when they welcome Belfast Ravens on Sunday afternoon to Dunleath, this match kicks off at 12.30pm.
- The under 17’s had a free week last Saturday, this week they play 22nd Old Boys on Saturday at the Olympia 3G Pitch, kick off is at 11.00am.
- The under 15’s were in league action against Celtic Bhoys in Dunleath last Saturday and suffered their first defeat of the season losing in an elven goal thriller. The lesson the players need to learn is not to give their opposition a five goal lead, but credit to the players they got back on level terms before conceding a sixth goal, the Downpatrick goals were scored by Lewis Green brace, Peter Carberry, Jack Rogan and Ruairi Cunliffe. This Saturday they play the same opposition in the cup, this match kicks off at 11.00am.
- The under 13’s reached the semi-final of the cup when they beat Oxford Sunnyside Colts 2 – 0, Downpatrick’s goals were scored by PJ Byrne and Mark Leahy. This Saturday they play East Coast Strikers at Fullerton Park, this match kicks off at 11.15am.
- The under 12’s (2007’s) bowed out of this years cup when they lost 2- 1 to Enzo FC, Downpatrick’s goal was scored Darragh Higgins. This Saturday they play Oxford Sunnyside at the Lisburn Leisureplex Pitch, the match kicks off at 10.00am.
- The 2008’s also reached the semi-final of the cup after beating Dromara Colts 5 – 0 with the goals being scored by Oliver Crawford, Leo Madine, Matthew McDowell, Jack Hynds and Kieran Trainor. This Saturday they play neighbours Strangford FC at Belvoir 3G Pitch, this match kicks off at 9.00am.
- Our Mini Soccer continues every Monday from 6.00pm – 7.00pm at the Red High 3G Pitch. This training is for children born in the following years 2009, 2010 & 2011. Players are asked to dress for the weather, wear football boots and shin guards. All old and new players are welcome. For more information contact Paul Moore on 07549 661772.
- Training for our 2012 and 2013 age groups is also on a Monday night at the Red High 3G Pitch from 6.00pm – 7.00pm, please note that children will be outdoors and it’s important they are dressed for the weather and are wearing shin guards and football boots.