This weeks club notes includes information on all teams training times and fixtures for the week and details of the upcoming club fundraiser, click on the link to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 11/09/17
- Downpatrick are holding a Golf Day on Friday 6th October at St Patrick’s Golf Club, the format is a shot gun start with everyone starting at 2.00pm. We are looking for sponsors which cost £50.00, anyone interested in sponsoring a tee box or playing in the event please contact Mark Murphy on 07738 637702.
- The first team are in Border Cup action this week, we welcome Orangefield to Rosconnor for a 2.00pm kick off on Saturday.
- The seconds travel to play Ballyvea this Saturday in the league, this match kicks off at 2.00pm
- Membership for ALL players is now overdue and needs to be paid ASAP, managers will have circulated the link by which this needs to be paid. For any advice on completing this please contact Tony McShane 07716853990.
- If anyone is interested in sponsoring a match for one of our senior teams please contact Tony McShane on 07716 853990 for further information.
- The under 18’s are in league cup action in the South Belfast League this Friday night, the play Carniny, this, this ,match kicks off at 8.10pm at Valley pitches.
- The under 16’s play Ballymoney United this Saturday morning in Barbour Playing Fields at 11.15am.
- The under 14’s play Warrenpoint Town on Saturday morning in the Lisburn League, this match is in Dromore and kicks off at 9.30am.
- The under 13’s begin their league campaign this Sunday morning when they play Newcastle in Dunleath, this match kicks off at 11.40am.
- The 2007’s 9-a-side team play Banbridge Panthers on Saturday morning at the Lisburn Rec pitches, this match starts at 12.00pm. Last Saturday saw them play their first game in the new league against our friends Tollymore.
- Players born in 2005 and 2006 are asked to attend training on Monday nights from 6.15pm to 7.30pm in St Dillon’s Avenue, registration for the league is now due and players are asked to bring with them a passport photo.
Training for mini soccer has started in St Dillon’s Avenue, training will be provided for children born in the following age years – 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Players are asked to report to the pitch for a 6.30pm start and will be over at 7.30pm, they need to wear shin guards and football boots, bring a bottle of water and dress according to the weather conditions. Parents are asked to complete the registration forms as soon as possible and return them to Paul Moore or Tony McShane.