This weeks Club Notes includes information on the remaining fixtures including details on the Clarence Cup Final, and the Youth Presentation on Friday night, click on the link below to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 16/05/16
- Downpatrick’s hectic fixture schedule continues for a fourth week on Tuesday night when they play Albert Foundry and then Immaculata on Thursday, both these games are at Rosconnor and kick off at 7.00pm. On Saturday they travel to play Albert Foundry with a 12.00pm kick off before playing their final league game of the season next Monday night against Crumlin Star at Rosconnor, this match also kicks off at 7.00pm. We would like to thank Peter Fitzpatrick & Sons Estate Agents and Supervalu who sponsored the matches.
- Downpatrick play Immaculata FC in the final of the Clarence Cup on Wednesday 25th May at Knockbreda Football Club (BT5 7TX), kick off is at 7.00pm. Admission for this match is £5.00 for adults and £3.00 for concessions.
- The seconds played their last game of the season last Thursday night when they travelled to play Ballyvea, unfortunately they met the league champions at the wrong time and went down by a score line of six nil. We would like to take this opportunity to thank managers Stephen Hughes and Neil Young, along with all the players who stripped out for the seconds this season for their hard work and commitment over the season.
- The Dinner Dance has been scheduled for Saturday 4th June in Murphy’s Bar, keep an eye on these notes in coming weeks for more details.
- The ladies edged out Valley Rangers Ladies last Wednesday night in a tense and tight match by a one nil score line. Kyla Trainor was the Downpatrick hero, popping up on the 75th minute to score. This Saturday the ladies are away to Ambassadors Fc from Portadown this Wednesday, kick off is 7.30pm.
- The Annual Youth presentation will be on Friday 20th May in Murphy’s Bar from 7.00pm – 8.30pm approximately, all Youth members are invited to attend, please ensure you wear your Downpatrick club gear.
- On Saturday Downpatrick FC and Tollymore combined to play in the Craigavon Cup in Lurgan at u12 level. This was the first time a lot of these players have sampled this type of competitiveness, the boys are to be applauded for how well they played and behaved. In all three of their games they were unlucky not to get a win, they lost the 1st game 1 nil against Ballinamallard, before drawing their 2nd & 3rd games nil nil against Glentoran and Portadown. Thanks to our coaches Stephen Sloan, Mark Murphy & Paul Moore as well as the Tollymore coaches for giving up their time.
- The Mini Soccer training on Monday nights and matches on Sunday morning has now finished for the season, the club will be in touch with everyone about events happening over the summer very shortly.