This weeks club notes include details of the upcoming fixtures, training information and fundraiser information, click on the link to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 22/08/16
- Downpatrick FC are running a 100 club with the first draw due to be held on the last Saturday of October, you pay £10.00 a month by Standing Order, pick a number between 1 & 100 and each month a draw is done for three prizes – 1st – £250.00, 2nd £150.00 & 3rd £100.00, for more information please contact Mark Murphy 07738 637702.
- Downpatrick play Shankill United in the second round of this years Steel & Sons Cup at the Hammer 3G on Saturday 27th August, this match kicks off at 2.30pm. We would like to thank Eamonn P McGrady & Co Chartered Accountants for sponsoring Tuesday’s match against Drumaness Mills. If any other business is interested in sponsoring a match please contact Tony McShane on 07716 853990.
- Downpatrick are still looking for sponsors for this years strip so if any businesses are interested please contact Tony McShane 07716 853990.
- There will be no Mini Soccer Training on Monday 29th August, training for our mini soccer age groups will return on Monday 5th September from 6.30pm – 7.30pm in St Dillon’s Avenue Pitch, this will continue until Monday 19th September, all old and new players are welcome. Membership is due on 5th September. The Mini Soccer training is for children born in 2009 (6 year olds) to children born in 2006 (11 year olds), all children must wear football boots and shin guards. Please ensure each child is dressed for the weather. For more information please contact Paul Moore 07549 661772.
- Downpatricks seconds continue with their league campaign with an away fixture to Carryduff Colts on Wednesday 24th August at Lough Moss Leisure Centre, this match kicks off at 6.30pm, and then they travel to play neighbours Killough on Saturday 27th August, this match kicks off at 2.00pm.
- Downpatrick Ladies completed their league campaign last Wednesday night when they travelled to play Bangor Ladies at the Bangor Aurora, unfortunately the ladies were unable to sign off with a victory. We would like to thank Paul Moore, Andrew Healy and all the girls who played this season for their commitment and dedication to pull on the Downpatrick shirt. We would also like to thank Emma Bohill from Emma Bohill Consultancy for sponsoring the team strip.
- Training for all our underage teams continues with leagues due to start in a couple of weeks, all old and new players are welcome to St Dillon’s Avenue Pitch. For information on training times and days please contact Paul Moore 07549 661772.