This weeks club notes includes details of a horrific injury to debutante goalkeeepr James Deeny, the winners of our monthly 100 Club draw and fixtures from the coming week, click on the link below to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 25/03/19
- Everyone at Downpatrick Football Club would like to wish goal keeper James Deeny who suffered a double arm break and dislocated elbow on his debut at Saturday’s match against Crumlin Star.
- The draw for Saturday’s 100 Club was held on Monday night at the Mini Soccer training, the lucky winners were: 1st Prize – £250.00 No. 54 Mark Curran, 2nd Prize – £150.00 No. 88 Michael McKenna & 3rd Prize – £100.00 No. 83 Gary Trueman. We would like to thank all those who continue to support this club fundraiser. The draw for April will be held on Monday 29th
- Downpatrick welcome neighbours Ballynahinch Olympic to Rosconnor on Saturday afternoon in the league, this game kicks off at 2.00pm.
- The under 19’s play Ballymacash Rangers on Friday evening at Hollywood 3G Pitch, this match kicks off at 8.10pm.
- The under 17’s played St James’ Swifts B on Saturday morning in a highly entertaining game and came out on the right side of a nine goal thriller winning 5 – 4. Downpatrick goals were scored by David Forsythe who got four goals and Ethan Artt getting the other.
- The under 15’s play Coney Island on Saturday morning in the cup at Ballykinlar, this match kicks off at 9.30am.
- The under 13’s play Hillsborough Jets at Wallace Park Pitch this Saturday, this match kicks off at 9.30am.
- The under 12’s (2007’s) play Cliftonville at the Lisburn Leisureplex Pitch this Saturday, the match kicks off at 12.00pm.
- The 2008’s played Hillsborough Jets at the Belvoir BB 3G Pitch on Saturday morning and came away with a 3 – 2 victory with goals coming from Oliver Crawford brace and Leo Noble. This Saturday they play Camlough Rovers, this match kicks off at 12.00pm at Lisburn Leisureplex.
- Our Mini Soccer training will continue to be on from 6.00pm – 7.00pm at the Red High 3G Pitch. This training is for children born in the following years 2009, 2010 & 2011. Players are asked to dress for the weather, wear football boots and shin guards. All old and new players are welcome. For more information contact Paul Moore on 07549 661772.
- Training for our 2012 and 2013 age groups will continue at the Red High 3G pitch from 6.00pm – 7.00pm, please note that children will be outdoors and it’s important they are dressed for the weather and are wearing shin guards and football boots.