Club Notes – Week Beginning 06/05/19
- Celebrations all round for the under 13’s and under 11’s in the Lisburn League finals last Saturday morning. The u13’s were the first team to secure silverware when they defeated Banbridge Town by a 2 – 1 scoreline. Downpatrick’s goals were scored by Charlie McCamley and Caolan Deegans. Then it was the turn of the u11’s who won a pulsating match against Lisburn Distillery, winning 4 – 2. The star of the show was Leo Noble who grabbed a hat-trick and Jack Hynds scored a great solo goal to seal the victory.
- It was disappointment for the under 15’s in midweek who were defeated in the cup final by Coney Island by a 3 – 1 scoreline, although the players were disappointed after the game that was quickly changed when they were presented with their league winning medals.
- The senior team have concluded their season which has ultimately ended in disappointment with relegation but the players and management can be commended for seeing out the season. This year a lot of young players were blooded into the first team and to keep coming back and playing despite losing heavily most weeks will stand you’s in good stead in years to come.
- Please note, the Mini Soccer training will return on Monday 13th May from 6.30pm – 7.30pm at the St Dillon’s Avenue pitch. This training is for children born in the following years 2009, 2010 & 2011. Players are asked to dress for the weather, wear football boots and shin guards. All old and new players are welcome. For more information contact Paul Moore on 07549 661772.
- Please note, the training for our 2012 and 2013 age groups will return on Monday 29th April from 6.30pm – 7.30pm at the St Dillon’s Avenue pitch, please note that children will be outdoors and it’s important they are dressed for the weather and are wearing shin guards and football boots.