This weeks club notes includes information on all teams fixtures and their training details, click on the link to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 28/08/17
- On Saturday the 100 Club Draw for August was held in Murphy’s Bar after the 1st team game, we would like to thank everyone who continues to support this fundraiser. The winners were: 1st Prize – £250.00 No. 60 Barry Treacy, 2nd Prize – £150.00 No. 48 Janine McGrady and 3rd Prize – £100.00 No. 34 Jim Magee. Please note that next months draw will be held on Saturday 30th
- The youth teams are back in action this week with our under 18’s starting off in the South Belfast League against Newhill. The under 16’s, 14’s and the 2007’s are all in the Lisburn League and at the time of writing the fixtures aren’t confirmed. Good Luck to all teams.
- Membership for ALL players is now due and must be paid by the 1st September, managers will have circulated the link by which this needs to be paid. For any advice on completing this please contact Tony McShane 07716853990.
- The first team are in cup action this Saturday, they travel to play Dundonald in the first round of the Border Cup. This match is at the Billy Neill Playing Fields and kicks off at 2.00pm.
- If anyone is interested in sponsoring a match for one of our senior teams please contact Tony McShane on 07716 853990 for further information.
- The seconds have their first home league fixture this Saturday when they welcome newly promoted Dundrum United to Dunleath, this match kicks off at 2.00pm.
- The ladies unfortunately finished their season on a downer when they had to forfeit last week’s game due to a large number of players being unavailable. Their season has now finished with them finishing second from bottom on four points and will look to use the off season as an opportunity to rebuild.
- Players born in 2005 and 2006 are asked to attend training on Monday nights from 6.15pm to 7.30pm in St Dillon’s Avenue, registration for the league is now due and players are asked to bring with them a passport photo.
- Training for mini soccer will commence on Monday 4th September in St Dillon’s Avenue, training will be provided for children born in the following age years – 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Players are asked to report to the pitch for a 6.30pm start and will be over at 7.30pm, they need to wear shin guards and football boots, bring a bottle of water and dress according to the weather conditions.