Girls Only Training starting soon, fixtures for all our teams, training information included in this weeks notes, click on the link below to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 28/09/15
- Girls Only Training will start on Monday 5th October, this training is for girls aged 7 year old to 15 years old and will be taken by fully qualified female coaches. For the first four weeks the training will be from 6.00pm – 7.00pm. (Please ensure your child is dressed for the weather, it can get very cold). All sessions will be structured and focused on developing players skills and techniques. If you want to know more please contact Paul Moore the football club’s Youth Development Officer 07549661772
- The first team travel to play St Mary’s in the Irish Cup, this match kicks off at 1.30pm. The club would like to thank Toals Bookmakers, Downpatrick for sponsoring last Saturday’s match. If any business is interested in sponsoring a match please contact Tony McShane 07716 853990.
- The seconds travel to play Tollymore United in Bear Park this Saturday in the league, kick off is 2.00pm. The club would like to thank McCoubrey’s Electrical, Ballynahinch & Downpatrick for sponsoring last Saturday’s match
- All senior members’ membership is now due; please ensure you give it to your manager ASAP.
- The club are seeking volunteers to help with our ever growing Youth Section; we know time is precious so if you can only commit to 1 hour a week we can work with that. The club needs volunteers to help produce press releases, write match reports, looking after our club website & social media sites, taking registrations and fees, organising fundraisers or Social Events, Coach the kids or help with our Qualified Coaches to take a session. If your interested in helping out please feel free to contact Tony McShane 07716 853990 or Paul Moore 07549 661772.
- The under 14’s are in league action this Saturday in the Lisburn League, they play Tollymore United in Bear Park, kick off is 11.30am. The under 15’s play LurganTown this Saturday at Moira, kick off is at 11.30am.
- The under 13’s unfortunately lost to Castlewellan last Sunday, Downpatrick’s goals were scored by Conor Morrison, Caolain McKeown and Adam McCabe. This Sunday they play Kilmore Rec in Dunleath at 10.30am.
- Training on a Monday night for our mini section continues on Monday night from 6pm to 7pm in the Red High, this training is aimed for 4 year olds to 10 year olds. All old and new players are welcome, if you would like more information please contact Paul Moore on 07549 661772.