This weeks club notes include weekly fixtures, parents information on meetings for the girls only training, click on the link below to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 09/11/15
- Downpatrick firsts travel to play local neighbours Drumaness Mills in the league this Saturday, kick off for this game is 00pm.
- The seconds are also at home when they welcome Ballynahinch Olympic to Dunleath in the league this Saturday, kick off is 00pm. The club would like to thank The Golden Chip, Downpatrick for sponsoring last Saturday’s match. If any business is interested in sponsoring a match please contact Tony McShane 07716 583990.
- The club are seeking volunteers to help with our ever growing Youth Section; we know time is precious so if you can only commit to 1 hour a week we can work with that. The club needs volunteers to help produce press releases, write match reports, looking after our club website & social media sites, taking registrations and fees, organising fundraisers or Social Events, Coach the kids or help with our Qualified Coaches to take a session. If you’re interested in helping out please feel free to contact Tony McShane 07716 853990 or Paul Moore 07549 661772.
- Girls Only Training continues on Monday nights, this training is for girls aged 7 year old to 15 years old and will be taken by fully qualified female coaches. From Monday 26th the groups will be dividing up, Primary School children (7 year olds – 10 year) olds will train from 00pm – 7.00pm and Secondary School children (11 year olds – 15 year olds) will train from 7,00pm – 8.00pm. (Please ensure your child is dressed for the weather, it can get very cold). All sessions will be structured and focused on developing player’s skills and techniques. If you want to know more please contact Paul Moore the football club’s Youth Development Officer 07549 661772.
- PLEASE NOTE, the Parents Meeting has been moved to Monday 16th November from 15pm – 6.45pm for the girls in the first hour and from 7.15pm – 7.45pm for the girls who train in the second hour. It’s important that ALL parents attend these meetings.
- Both teams in the Lisburn League are in league action this Saturday at the, the under 15’s play Hillsborough Boys at Ballymacoss, kick off is 30am and the under 14’s play Tollymore at Bear Park, Newcastle, kick off is
- The under 13’s have a free week this Sunday, training as normal on Monday night at 00pm.
- The 9-a-side development league returns this week, Downpatrick play Celtic Bhoys at 50am and Coney Island at 11.40am, both these games are in Dunleath.
- The Mini Soccer section will hopefully return this Sunday after the extended Halloween break, and coaches will be in touch about times etc…
- Training on a Monday night for our mini section continues on Monday night from 00pm – 7.00pmin the Red High, this training is aimed for 4 year olds to 10 year olds. All old and new players are welcome, if you would like more information please contact Paul Moore on 07549 661772.
- The first instalment of our Youth Membership and Training Fees are now overdue, please ensure they are paid as soon as possible.