Club Notes – Week Beginning 06/10/19
- The winners of Septembers 100 Club were, 1st Prize £250.00 – No. 14 Andrew Healey, 2nd Prize £150.00 – No. 75 Edward Cupples & 3rd Prize – No. 15 Lisa Kempster. We would like to thank everyone who continues to support this fundraiser.
- The under 19’s continued their good run with by beating Crewe United 3 – 2. Downpatrick’s goals were scored by Ethan Artt brace and Connor Rogan. This week they play Bangor Swifts at Henry Jones pitch, this match kicks off at 10.00am.
- The under 16’s got their league campaign of to a winning start on Saturday morning when they comprehensively beat Ballynahinch Olympic, the goals were scored by Mohammad hat-trick, Peter Carberry 2, Ruairi Cunliffe 2, Lewis Green, Nathan McGarry, TJ Hill, Darragh McKibben, Donal Milligan. This week they play Coney Island in Killough, this game kicks off at 9.30am.
- The under 14’s got back to winning ways when they beat Hillsborough Jets in Wallace Park, the goals coming from Luke Walsh, Adam McGarry, PJ Byrne, Caolan Deegan, Jake Harding and Ronan Deegan. This week they play Lisburn Distillery in Barbour Playing Fields at 9.30am.
- The under 13’s were beaten 5 – 2 by Lurgan Town on Saturday morning, Downpatrick’s goals were scored by Seany Duggan and Matthew McMahon. This week they play Oxford Sunnyside at Barbour Playing Fields at 9.30am.
- The under 12’s got beaten by North End United on Saturday morning 4 -1, Downpatrick’s goal was scored by Jack Hynds. This Saturday they play Warrenpoint Town at the Lisburn Leisureplex with the game kicking off at 9.00am.
- The under 11’s started their 9-a-side Development Journey on Saturday in the Downpatrick Youth League when they beat Kilmore Rec Cubs 4 – 2 thanks to hat-trick from Eoin Keenan and Joe Rogan goal. This Saturday they play Kilmore Colts in Dunleath. This match kicks off at 9.00am.
- Training for our 2014 & 2015 (must be in Primary School) age groups begin this Monday night in the De La Salle sports hall from 6.00pm – 7.00pm, entry is via the Red High 3G. Please note players are required to wear trainers and shin guards and bring a bottle of water.
- Training for the follow age groups is as follows: 2011’s, 2012’s & 2013’s is on a Monday night from 6.00pm – 7.00pm at the 3G Pitch in the Red High.