This weeks club notes includes details of the 100 Club Draw, fixtures for our teams this week and information on training as we return after the Christmas holidays, click on the link to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 01/01/18
- The football club would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone connected with the football club a Happy New Year for 2018.
- We would also like to thank all the supporters who took the time out of their Christmas Holidays to come along and support the team at this year’s Border Cup, unfortunately the cup has avoided us yet again but we will try again next season. We would also like to thank our sponsors Murphy’s Bar & Restaurant and Carousel Bingo for their support both this season and for the final. Also, a big thanks to Ciaran McMenamin and Lignum Interiors for kindly sponsoring the players and management’s polo shirts for the final and to Phily Polly and Cosy Roof for their very generous sponsorship of the players warm up tops for the final. We really appreciate your support and would ask all are members to continue to support these businesses.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances Decembers 100 Club Draw was cancelled and will take place this Saturday 6th January in Murphy’s Bar & Restaurant at approximately 5.00pm. We would like to remind all those who have taken a number that their money must be in before the draw in order for their number to be entered. We still have a small selection of numbers available if anyone is interested in supporting the club they can contact Mark Murphy 07738 637702 or Tony McShane 07716 853990.
- After the disappointment of the Border Cup Final, the first team return to league action on Saturday when they welcome 1st Bangor OB to Rosconnor, this match kicks off at 2.00pm.
- The seconds are in action this Saturday when they take on Saintfield United 3rds in the first round of the Harry Clarke Cup, this match is in Kilmore and kicks off at 1.30pm.
- The under 18’s return to action on Saturday morning, they are in cup action against Carryduff Colts at Loughmoss. This match kicks off at 9.30am.
- The teams competing in the Lisburn League don’t have any fixtures on Saturday 6th January due to last week’s Lisburn Cup Finals being postponed and re-scheduled for this Saturday.
- The 2006’s 9-a-side team returns to action on Saturday morning, they play Kilmore Rec at 9.30am and Coney Island at 10.00am, both games are in Dunleath.
- The small sided games development centre in the Red High on a Sunday Morning will return on 7th January, this is for our under 8’s and under 10’s. The coaches will be in touch about who is playing and at what hour.
- Training for mini soccer will return on Monday 8th January, the training times for the different age groups are as follows: 2010, 2009 & 2008 are training from 6.00pm – 7.00pm and those born in 2006 & 2007 are training from 7.00pm – 8.00pm, they need to wear shin guards and football boots, bring a bottle of water and dress according to the weather conditions. Parents are asked to complete the registration forms as soon as possible and return them to Paul Moore or Tony McShane.
- Training for children born in 2013, 2012 and 2011 returns on Monday 8th January in the Red High from 6.00pm – 7.00pm. The children born in 2011 will be outside this year and those born in 2012 & 2013 will be indoors. Any questions please contact our Youth Development Officer Paul Moore on 07549 661772.