This weeks club notes include fixtures update and information on parents meetings for our ‘GIRLS ONLY’ Section.
Club Notes – Week Beginning 02/11/15
- After last Saturday’s disappointment with the game being called off due to a waterlogged pitch the first team will be hoping for a better forecast this week when they welcome Nortel this Saturday to Rosconner, kick off is 2.00pm.
- The seconds are also at home when they welcome Killough to Dunleath in the quarter-final of the Bobby Dalzell Cup this Saturday, kick off is 1.30pm. The club would like to thank Downpatrick Farm and Garden Supplies for sponsoring last Saturday’s match. If any business is interested in sponsoring a match please contact Tony McShane 07716 583990.
- The club are seeking volunteers to help with our ever growing Youth Section; we know time is precious so if you can only commit to 1 hour a week we can work with that. The club needs volunteers to help produce press releases, write match reports, looking after our club website & social media sites, taking registrations and fees, organising fundraisers or Social Events, Coach the kids or help with our Qualified Coaches to take a session. If you’re interested in helping out please feel free to contact Tony McShane 07716 853990 or Paul Moore 07549 661772.
- Girls Only Training continues on Monday nights, this training is for girls aged 7 year old to 15 years old and will be taken by fully qualified female coaches. From Monday 26th the groups will be dividing up, Primary School children (7 year olds – 10 year) olds will train from 00pm – 7.00pm and Secondary School children (11 year olds – 15 year olds) will train from 7,00pm – 8.00pm. (Please ensure your child is dressed for the weather, it can get very cold). All sessions will be structured and focused on developing player’s skills and techniques. If you want to know more please contact Paul Moore the football club’s Youth Development Officer 07549 661772.
- PLEASE NOTE, the Parents Meeting has been moved to Monday 16th November from 15pm – 6.45pm for the girls in the first hour and from 7.15pm – 7.45pm for the girls who train in the second hour. It’s important that ALL parents attend these meetings.
- Both teams in the Lisburn League are in Shield action this Saturday at the quarter final stage, the under 15’s play Ballyclare Colts and the under 14’s play Windmill. These games both kick off at 30am and are at Barbour Playing Fields, Lisburn.
- The under 13’s play Tollymore on Sunday morning in Dunleath, kick off is at 00am.
- The 9-a-side development league returns this week, Downpatrick play Newcastle at 50am and Portaferry at 11.40am, both these games are in Dunleath.
- The Mini Soccer section also returns this Sunday after the Halloween break, and coaches will be in touch about times etc…
- Training on a Monday night for our mini section continues on Monday night from 00pm – 7.00pmin the Red High, this training is aimed for 4 year olds to 10 year olds. All old and new players are welcome, if you would like more information please contact Paul Moore on 07549 661772.
- The first instalment of our Youth Membership and Training Fees are now overdue, please ensure they are paid as soon as possible.