Club Notes – Week Beginning 03/08/15
- Last weeks Summer Soccer Funweek sponsored by McDonald Restaurant, Downpatrick was a huge success, with over 115 kids registered for the week long activities. The threat of heavy showers each night did very little to dampen the spirits of the boys and girls attending and thankfully despite the odd we drop of rain we managed to get through to Friday night before the rain stopped play. Youth Development Officer Paul Moore was really pleased with how the week went, speaking on Friday night he commented, “When the coaches came together to organise this week, we decided to be different and hold the funweek in the evenings rather than during the day. With the numbers that have been attending our events throughout last season we wanted to make sure that each child received the required coaching and the only way we could guarantee that was to hold the funweek in the evening. As per usual the coaches we have at the club were brilliant and gave up their time to make the week a huge success and I would like to thank everyone of them for their help”
Club Chairman Michael Bohill was also full of praise, “It’s great to see so many children out enjoying themselves, learning new skills and playing football. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Paris and Balazs from McDonalds who have kindly sponsored this week’s activity, they have provided equipment and refreshments for the children. It is acts of generosity like this which help us to run these types of events”.
The manager from McDonald’s, Downpatrick Paris McDonagh reflected on the weeks activities, “It’s been an honour to be associated with this weeks Soccer Funweek with Downpatrick FC, it’s clear to see the enjoyment all the children are having and how well organised the activities have been”.
- This Saturday sees the first team return to Premier League action when they welcome neighbours Drumaness Mills to Rosconner, kick off is at 2.00pm. Then on Tuesday 11th August we welcome Ardglass to Rosconner, this match kicks off at 6.30pm.
- The ladies are in league action tonight (Wednesday), they travel to play Portadown Integrated Ladies. The ladies are looking to cement their second place finish with only three games remaining, kick off is 7.30pm.
- Training continues on Saturday morning for the clubs under 15’s, 14’s, 13’s and 11’s, training starts at 10.00am. If there is any changes to this time the manager will be in contact. Registration forms for these age groups must be completed ASAP.
- We are holding a Development Centre for children aged 6 years old to 10 years old at the Red High 3G Pitch on Monday 17th and 24th August from 6.00pm – 7.00pm, any child within these age groups who wants to play in this years Mini Soccer on a Sunday morning needs to complete a Downpatrick Youth League Registration form at one of these nights. Please note each session costs £2.00 per child per session.
- For all our pre-Mini Soccer children aged 4 & 5 years old we will have details of when training returns in the next few week, please keep an eye on these club notes, our club website (www.downpatrickfc.co.uk) or our social media sites.