After a long absence we are delighted to get our website back up and running, click on the link below to read this weeks notes…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 10/12/18
- The under 17’s are on the hunt for some new players, with the transfer window opening on the 1st January they need a few players to bolster their squad. Any players interested in playing are asked to contact our Youth Development Officer Paul Moore 07549 661772 or PM the football clubs Facebook page. Alternatively they can attend training on a Tuesday night at the Red High 3G Pitch from 6.00pm – 7.00pm.
- This first team have a free week this Saturday.
- The ladies continue to train on Thursday nights at the Downpatrick Sports Centre from 8.00pm – 9.00pm, the cost is £3.00 per session. All old and new players are welcome.
- The under 19’s play Woodvale on Friday night at Hanwood 3G Pitch, this match kicks off at 8.10pm. Last Friday they lost 5 – 2 by St James’ Swifts, the goals scored by Corey McCoubrey and Caolain Logue.
- The under 17’s beat Comber Rec on Saturday morning 4 – 3, with the goals coming from Connor Rogan, Jack Fitzsimons, Colin Jones and Liam Toner. This Saturday they play Larne Youth on Saturday morning at the Henry Jones Pitch with a 11am kick off.
- The under 15’s returned after the Christmas break with an enthralling 5 – 5 draw with second placed Coney Island. This Saturday they morning they play Ballynahinch Olympic at Kilmore Playing Fields, this game kicks off at 10.50am
- The under 13’s beat Lisburn Rovers on Saturday morning by a 7 – 0 scoreline, Caleb Patterson, Caolan Deegan, Jake Harding, Jay Curran, PJ Burns, Charlie McShane and Seany Duggan scoring. This Saturday they play Banbridge Town at Dromore, the match kicks off at 11.15am.
- The under 12’s (2007’s) play Hillsborough Juniors at the Leisureplex this Saturday, the match kicks off at 12.00pm.
- The 2008’s played Hillsborough on Saturday morning losing 3 – 2, with Downpatrick’s goals coming from Oliver Crawford and Leo Noble.
- Our Mini Soccer training returned on Monday 7th January after a break for the Christmas Holidays and continues every Monday from 6.00pm – 7.00pm at the Red High 3G Pitch. This training is for children born in the following years 2009, 2010 & 2011. Players are asked to dress for the weather, wear football boots and shin guards. All old and new players are welcome. For more information contact Paul Moore on 07549 661772.
- Training for our 2012 and 2013 age groups is also on a Monday night at the Red High 3G Pitch from 6.00pm – 7.00pm, please note that children will be outdoors and it’s important they are dressed for the weather and are wearing shin guards and football boots.