This weeks club notes includes information about the weeks fixtures and training times, click on the link below to read more….
Club Notes – Week Beginning 09/01/17
- After last Saturday’s postponement the seconds will hopefully travel to play Killough in the first round of the Harry Clarke Cup on Saturday, this match kicks off at 1.30pm.
- The under 19’s fell at the hands of league leaders Linfield last Saturday, this Saturday they play Greenisland in Wallace Park, the match kicks off at 11.00am. The under 19’s are looking to recruit new players, if you are interested in playing for them please contact Tony McShane 07716 853990.
- The under 16’s went down by the narrowest of margins last Saturday when TW Braga defeated them 2 – 1, Declan Looney scored Downpatrick’s goal with a neat finish into the bottom left corner. They will be hoping to get back to winning ways this Saturday when they play Banbridge in Dromore, this match kicks off at 9.30am.
- The under 15’s will be looking to build on last Saturday’s solid performance when they take on Celtic Bhoys this Saturday in Dunleath at 9.30am.
- The under 13’s followed up their Shield Cup Final victory with a hard earned victory against Lurgan Town on Saturday in Dromore by a score line of 3 – 1. Finn Trainor bagged himself a brace and John Mahoney scored a wonder free kick. This Saturday they play Hillsborough Colts in Wallace Park at 11.15am.
- The 9-a-side development team are also back in action on Saturday morning, they play Coney Island at 10.00am and Kilmore Rec at 10.25am in Dunleath.
- The Mini Soccer returns this Sunday morning the 7th The coaches will contact the players about what times they play at.
- Our Mini Soccer and under 6 training returns on Monday 9th January, the under 6’s and kids born in 2010, 2009 and 2008 is from 6.00pm – 7.00pm and those children born in 2007 and 2006 is from 7.00pm – 8.00pm. Please note the under 6’s training is indoor.