This weeks club notes include information on all our fixtures this week, our training session and other information associated with the club…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 10/10/16
- Everyone at the football club would like to wish our under 19 player Caolan Bentham a speedy recovery after his horrific injury on Saturday playing against Hillsborough Boys. Caolan required hospital treatment after a sickening clash of heads with an opponent. We would like to thank the mentors of Hillsborough Boys and to Jeff Breen who was on hand to provide guidance and assurance to Caolan, the players, management and to the Bentham family.
- Our condolences and prayers are offered to senior player Christian (Charlie) Holland and avid supporter Seamus on their recent loss. Sadly Charlie’s mum, Seamus’ daughter passed away last week after a short illness, to her husband Greg, Emma, Conall and the entire Holland family we will keep you in our thoughts.
- The first team are back in Border Cup action this Saturday, after last weeks victory against Ards Rangers Downpatrick travel to Haslett Park in Carrickfergus to play Barn United in the Quarter Final, this match kicks off at 2.00pm.
- After a two week break the seconds return to action on Saturday when they entertain Rossglass County in Dunleath. This match kicks off at 2.00pm.
- The under 19’s are in league action on Saturday morning, they play Linfield at Belvoir Park pitches, kick off is at 9.30am.
- The under 16’s play Banbridge at Havelock Park in the league, this match kicks off at 9.30am.
- The under 15’s are back in action on Saturday morning, the play Coney Island in Dunleath, with a 10.50am kick off.
- The under 13’s in the Lisburn League are in league action on Saturday morning, they play neighbours Tollymore in Donard Park at 11.00am.
- The 9-a-side Development team begin their matches this Saturday morning in Dunleath. The first match is against Kilmore Rec at 10.00am and the second game is against Rossglass County at 10.50am both matches are on pitch 3.
- The mini soccer continues on Sunday morning at the Red High, the coaches will be in touch about who’s playing at what time.
- The mini soccer training at the Red High is from 00pm – 7.00pm. This training is for children born in 2010, 2009 & 2008. Then training for children born in 2007 & 2006 will train from 7.00pm – 8.00pm.
- Training for children aged 4 and 5 year olds started on Monday 10th October from 6.00pm – 7.00pm.