As the Youth teams seasons begin to get underway read our club notes for fixtures, training times and information on parents meetings, also find out all other information from the club, click on the link below…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 14/09/15
- The first team travel to play Albert Foundry in the second round of the Border Cup, this match kick’s off at 2.00pm. The club would like to thank Petals & Pots, Downpatrick for sponsoring last Saturday’s match. If any business is interested in sponsoring a match please contact Tony McShane 07716 853990.
- The seconds welcome Mourne Rovers to Dunleath this Saturday in the league, kick off is 2.00pm. The club would like to thank Quinn’s Spar on the Saul Road for sponsoring last Saturday’s match.
- All senior members’ membership is now due, please ensure you give it to your manager ASAP.
- Downpatrick has teamed up with KLAS Management to bring an Exercise and Weight Management Programme to the town. This ten week programme will be delivered by fully qualified coaches and focuses on how we look after our health through two distinct areas – Exercise and Education. The programme caters for all types of abilities, ages and people with a disability, it encourages and motivates you to change your habits on a manageable basis to help improve your overall health. The club will be hosting some information sessions in the next few weeks, keep an eye on these club notes, our website (www.downpatrickfc.co.uk) and our Social Media sites for further updates.
- The under 14’s are in league action this Saturday in the Lisburn League, they play Lisburn Youth in Drumbo, kick off is 11.30am. The under 15’s played Lurgan Celtic at Lisburn Leisure Plex last Wednesday night and drew the game two all. Downpatrick’s goals coming from Tom Smyth and Declan Looney. This Saturday they play Shankill Juniors at kick Drumbo off is 9.30am.
- The under 13’s kick off their season this Sunday morning, they play Celtic Bhoys at 10.30am, unfortunately Rossglass County had to pull out of the league so they had no fixture last week.
- Training on a Monday night for our mini section continues on Monday night from 6pm to 7pm in the Red High, this training is aimed for 4 year olds to 10 year olds. All old and new players are welcome, if you would like more information please contact Paul Moore on 07549 661772.
- Over the coming weeks we will be holding parents meetings for our different age groups, it’s vital that all parents attend one of theses sessions. It provides the club with the opportunity to lay out our plans for the rest of the season. Managers will be providing details of the sessions in due course.