This weeks club notes include details on all our senior fixtures this week, our mini soccer training and upcoming 100 Club Fundraiser, click on the link below…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 15/08/16
- Downpatrick welcome neighbours Ardglass to Rosconnor on Tuesday 16th August, this match kicks off at 6.30pm, then on Saturday they travel to play newly promoted Lisburn Rangers with a 2.00pm kick off before playing Drumaness Mills in Tuesday 23rd August, this match kicks off at 6.30pm. All these games are in the league. We would like to thank Connolly’s Spar, Downpatrick & Strangford for sponsoring last Saturday’s match. If any other business is interested in sponsoring a match please contact Tony McShane on 07716 853990.
- Downpatrick are still looking for sponsors for this years strip so if any businesses are interested please contact Tony McShane 07716 853990.
- Training for our mini soccer age groups started on Monday 8th August from 6.30pm – 7.30pm in St Dillon’s Avenue Pitch, this will continue until Monday 19th September, all old and new players are welcome. The Mini Soccer training is for children born in 2009 (6 year olds) to children born in 2006 (11 year olds), all children must wear football boots and shin guards. Please ensure each child is dressed for the weather. For more information please contact Paul Moore 07549 661772
- Downpatrick seconds start their league campaign on Saturday 20th August with an away fixture to Ballynahinch Olympic 2nds, kick off is 2.00pm at Drumaness Council Pitch and then another away fixture to Carryduff Colts on Wednesday 24th August at Lough Moss Leisure Centre, this match kicks off at 6.30pm
- Downpatrick FC are running a 100 club with the first draw due to be held on the last Saturday of October, you pay £10.00 a month by Standing Order, pick a number between 1 & 100 and each month a draw is done for three prizes – 1st – £250.00, 2nd £150.00 & 3rd £100.00, for more information please contact Mark Murphy 07738 637702.
- Downpatrick Ladies returned to league last Wednesday when they hosted Comber Rec Ladies in Dunleath. Downpatrick were slow to get into the game and allowed Comber to score first and this remained the score until the second half. Kyla Trainor scored two goals and Morgan Shannon scored a goal to give the ladies all three points in their final home game of the season. The ladies last match of the season is this Wednesday night when they play Bangor Ladies at the Bangor Aurora 3G pitch, this match kicks off at 7.30pm
- Training for all our underage teams has begun, all old and new players are welcome to St Dillon’s Avenue Pitch. For information on training times and days please contact Paul Moore 07549 661772.