Club Notes – Week Beginning 09/09/19
- Downpatrick secured their first victory of the season to move off the bottom of the table against neighbours Kilmore Rec. Daniel Smyth was the visitor’s hero when he calmly placed his 90th minute spot kick into the top corner giving the Kilmore keeper no chance. Their attentions turn to the Border Cup this Saturday when they welcome Wellington Rec to Rosconnor, this game kicks off at 2.00pm, and all support welcome.
- The 100 Club Draw for August was held last week, the winning numbers were: 1st Prize £250.00 No. 59 Sophie & Brady Donaghy, 2nd Prize £150.00 No. 11 Ciaran McMenamin & 3rd Prize £100.00 No. 18 Jeremy McCready. We thank all those who continue to support this fundraiser, the draw for September will be held on Monday 30th at the Youth Training.
- The under 19’s got their season started last Friday night in the Supplementary Cup when they played Iveagh United at the Aurora 3G in Bangor. Despite a bright start and leading through a Connor Rogan goal at half time the players failed to come out in the second half and fell to a 3 – 1 defeat. They are in action again this Friday night when they play Balyclare Colts at the Olympia 3G, this match kicks off at 8.10pm.
- The under 14’s won in convincing style on Saturday in the supplementary cup defeating Camlough Rovers 10 – 0. Ronan Deegan was again the star of the show scoring four goals again for the second game in a row, assisted by his cousin Caolan who bagged himself a hat-trick. Padraig O’Shea, Caleb Patterson and Jake Harding got a goal apiece to finish the scoring, this Saturday they play Banbridge Town at Barbour Playing Fields. This match kicks off at 11.15am.
- The under 13’s played Warrenpoint Town on Saturday morning in a thrilling game, both sides displaying some excellent play at times, eventually drawing 3 – 3, goals coming from Seany Duggan, Charlie McShane and Patrick Burns. This Saturday they play Doyle YC in Ballymacoss at 9.30am.
- The under 12’s where brought back to earth with a bump when they were defeated by Dromara Village by a 6 – 0 score line in Dunleath on Friday evening. We would like to thank Dromara Village for agreeing to switch this game to Downpatrick on the Friday. This Saturday they play Lurgan Town at the Lisburn Leisureplex, with the game kicking off at 11.00am.
- Training for the follow age groups is as follows: 2010’s, 2009’s & 2008’s on a Monday night from 6.30pm – 7.45pm, 2007’s (u13’s) on a Monday and Thursday night from 6.30pm – 7.45pm, 2006’s (u14’s) on a Monday & Wednesday night from 6.30pm – 7.30pm, 2005’s & 2004’s (u16’s) on a Wednesday from 6.00pm – 7.00pm and a Saturday from 10.00am – 11.00am and our 2003’s & 2002’s (u19’s) on a Wednesday night from 7.00pm – 8.00pm.