This weeks club notes including weekly fixtures and updates, click on the link below to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 18/04/16
- After last weeks complete washout in terms of fixtures the first team will be hoping for better luck this week. On Wednesday night the play Lisburn Rangers in the semi-final of the Clarence Cup, this match is at Seaview with a 30pm kick off. All support welcome, then on Saturday they host Derriaghy at Rossconnor in the league with a 2.00pm. Downpatrick have another league game on Tuesday 26th April at home to Malachians, this match is due to kick off at 6.45pm.
- The seconds are in action on Tuesday 19th April, they play Killough in Dunleath with a 30pm kick off. We would like to thank Downe Travel, Downpatrick for sponsoring last Saturday’s match.
- After our successful Building Better Lives Fitness and Training Programme before Easter, plans are in place for another programme, we are holding a registration evening at the De La Salle School between 6.00pm and 7.00pm on Monday 18th April with a view to the training starting on Monday 25th, for more information contact Emma Bohill 07592 550372. Everyone is welcome to attend, people from any background i.e. fitness fanatics, those who don’t exercise, male and females and any people of any age.
- The ladies season get underway this Wednesday 20th April when the play Bangor Ladies, this match is at Kilmore Playing Fields and kicks off at 30pm. Downpatrick signed off with two victories over Killyleagh ladies last Wednesday evening and then newcomers Kilmore Rec ladies on Sunday. Against Killyleagh, Downpatrick won three nil with the goals being scored by Aisling Flynn, Morgan Shannon and Emma Carling and then they enjoyed a four nil victory against Kilmore Rec, Orla Beattie, Morgan Shannon, Rachel McKeown and Michelle Madine. The ladies travel to play Chimney Corner Ladies on Monday 25th April in the first round of the Toal’s Challenge Cup, this match kicks off at 7.30pm.
- The Youth Section at the club are delighted to announce Kyran Smyth from KPS Chartered Accountants in Downpatrick has agreed to sponsor the clubs youth polo shirts for a second season.
- All youth players are reminded that their final instalment of training fees are now due, coaches will be in contact with the details soon.
- The under 14’s play on Wednesday night in the Lisburn League against Hillsborough Boys, this match kicks off at 6.30pm at Barbour Playing Fields.
- The under 13’s are in action on Wednesday night, they play Tollymore in Dunleath in a league game, this match kicks off at 45pm. On Sunday they play high flying Portaferry in Dunleath, this match kicks off at 11.40am. The u13’s also have a fixture on Wednesday 27th April against Tollymore in Dunleath with a 7.00pm start.
- The 9-a-side development squad have no fixture at the minute but management are trying to organise some games and will be in touch before Saturday.
- Mini Soccer is on this Sunday morning at the 3G pitch in the Red High, the coaches will be in contact before the weekend with all the information.
- Mini Soccer training continues on Monday night at the 3G pitch in the Red High and indoors for the u6’s in the De La Salle High School. All old and new players are welcome, for more information please contact Youth Development Officer Paul Moore 07549 661772.