Club Notes – Week Beginning 19/10/15
- Downpatrick FC are pleased to announce their latest fundraiser – DOWNPATRICK FC presents ‘A CLASS ACT’ Talent Show. Can you sing like Beyonce, dance like Michael Flately or tell jokes like top comedian Peter Kay then why not check out our website and Facebook page for more details. The winner of the talent show will win £500.00. For more information contact Kerry Fisher 07918 641992. This talent show has no age restriction so anyone can audition. Please e-mail: email@example.com with the following information 1) Full Name 2) Date of Birth (if under 16) 3) Type of Act 4) Contact Number.
- The first team have a free week this Saturday. The club would like to thank Murphy’s Bar & Restaurant, Downpatrick for sponsoring last Saturday’s match. If any business is interested in sponsoring a match please contact Tony McShane 07716 583990.
- The seconds welcome Ardglass Swifts to Dunleath Park this Saturday in the return fixture in the league, kick off is 2.00pm. The club would like to thank KPS Chartered Accountants, Downpatrick for sponsoring last Saturday’s match.
- The club are seeking volunteers to help with our ever growing Youth Section; we know time is precious so if you can only commit to 1 hour a week we can work with that. The club needs volunteers to help produce press releases, write match reports, looking after our club website & social media sites, taking registrations and fees, organising fundraisers or Social Events, Coach the kids or help with our Qualified Coaches to take a session. If you’re interested in helping out please feel free to contact Tony McShane 07716 853990 or Paul Moore 07549 661772.
- Girls Only Training continues on Monday nights, this training is for girls aged 7 year old to 15 years old and will be taken by fully qualified female coaches. From Monday 26th the groups will be dividing up, Primary School children (7 year olds – 10 year) olds will train from 6.00pm – 7.00pm and Secondary School children (11 year olds – 15 year olds) will train from 7,00pm – 8.00pm. (Please ensure your child is dressed for the weather, it can get very cold). All sessions will be structured and focused on developing player’s skills and techniques. If you want to know more please contact Paul Moore the football club’s Youth Development Officer 07549 661772.
- The under 14’s are in league action this Saturday in the Lisburn League, they play North End, this match is at Wallace Park and kicks off at 9.30am. Last Saturday the 14’s drew two all with Chimney Corner, coming back from two goals down with goals from Tom Savage and Nathan Maguire to secure a point. The under 15’s will be looking to get back to winning ways on Saturday, they play Lisburn Distillery at Drumbo, kick off is at 11.30am.
- The under 13’s lost to Portaferry on Sunday morning 4 – 1, Downpatrick’s goal coming from Adam McCabe from the penalty spot. Although this group of players have suffered a number of defeats so far this season the players continue to develop individually and as a group. This Sunday they play Tollymore in Dunleath at 10.30am.
- The 9-a-side Development League saw us play competitive games against Newcastle and Kilmore Rec. All players enjoyed game time and plenty of touches on the ball. This Saturday they play Tollymore at 10.50am and Castlewellan Town at 11.40am.
- Training on a Monday night for our mini section continues on Monday night from 6.00pm – 7.00pm in the Red High, this training is aimed for 4 year olds to 10 year olds. All old and new players are welcome, if you would like more information please contact Paul Moore on 07549 6617