Click on the link below to read this weeks clun notes which include details of our upcoming AGM, Annual Golf Day, Soccer Funweek and other important information…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 20/06/16
- Unfortunately the second’s team management of Stephen Hughes and Neil Young have informed the club of their need to step down for this season. Everyone at the club would like to thank both of them for their hard work and commitment last season and we wish them well for the future. If anyone is interested in managing the seconds team in the Premier Division of the Newcastle League this season please contact Tony McShane on 07716 853990.
- Downpatrick FC will be holding their AGM on Monday 27th June at 7.30pm in Murphy’s Bar, everyone is welcome to attend. Please note slight change of time as advertised last week.
- Downpatrick’s Annual Golf Day is on Friday 22nd July at St Patrick’s Golf Course, tee of times are available from Mark Murphy 07738 637702 or at The Golf Hut. Like last years competition we are holding this competition in association with Knockevin Special School. An added feature to this year’s Golf Day is the Juvenile Competition, this is open to members and non-members, and it runs from 9.30am – 11.30am and costs £5.00.
- This years Soccer Funweek is on Monday 25th July until Friday 29th July from 6.30pm – 8.30pm in St Dillon’s Avenue pitch for children aged 5 years old to 12 years old. The cost for the week is £15.00 for the 1st child in a family, £10.00 for the 2nd child in the family and £7.50 for a third child. Please see website for more information or contact Paul Moore on 07549 661772 or Tony McShane 07716 853990.
- The ladies team had two important matches last week. First up for the ladies was a home fixture in the second round of the IFA Challenge Cup against Killen Rangers, despite going in at half time leading by two goals to one Downpatrick eventually lost by a scoreline of five – two. Kyla Traynor scored both goals for Downpatrick. Then on Wednesday night the ladies made the small trip to the Billy Neill Playing Fields in Dundonald to play Comber Ladies in the league. Having beat Comber the previous week comfortably Downpatrick went into the game full of confidence, this was proven when they went ahead inside the opening minute with a goal from Lisa Kempster. Comber equalised on the half hour and then went in front three minutes after half time. Downpatrick battled hard and got their reward with a well taken equaliser from Emma Carling to secure a point. We would like to thank Peter Kelly from the Russell Bar for sponsoring both matches last week.
- On Saturday 25th June Downpatrick u19’s are holding OPEN trials for the upcoming season in the Lisburn League. These trials are for people aged between 01/01/1998 and 31/12/1999, they will be in St Dillon’s Avenue pitch at 10.00am. All players are asked to bring a water bottle. For more information please contact Paul Moore on 07549 661772. We had a good turn out last Saturday and everyone who attended enjoyed the session.
- Downpatrick FC held a coaches/volunteers meeting on Monday in Murphy’s Bar. We are inviting any new coaches/volunteers to attend, you can help out by managing or coaching a team, by co-ordinating the Social Media or our club Website. We are dedicated to putting our coaches/volunteers through Coach Education Courses, any equipment or gear will be provided by the football club. If your interested in coaching and/or volunteering you are more than welcome to attend this meeting or if you can’t make the meeting or want more information please contact Tony McShane 07716 853990.