Club Notes – Week Beginning 21/08/17
- This years Soccer Funweek was a huge success last week in St Dillon’s, despite some heavy showers throughout the sessions the players still had plenty of fun, received plenty of touches of the ball and enjoyed their matches. We would like to thank Paris McDonagh and McDonalds Downpatrick for sponsoring our Funweek, we would also like to thank all the coaches who kindly gave up their time to help out, Mark McCann, Neill Young, Stephen Tate, Stephen Sloan, Marty McGarry, Johnny Holland, Mark Murphy, Andrew Healey, Paul McCoubrey, Paul Moore, Andrew McCoubrey and Tony McShane. We would also like to thank Siobhan McMullan, an aunt of a few of our players for kindly donating some fruit for everyone who took part on behalf of Tesco’s Newcastle.
- The first team will be looking to bounce back from Saturdays defeat when they have back to back league games against Rathfriland Rangers on Tuesday 22nd at Iveagh Park (6.30pm kick off) before welcoming them to Rosconnor on Saturday 26th for a 2.00pm kick off.
- If anyone is interested in sponsoring a match for one of our senior teams please contact Tony McShane on 07716 853990 for further information.
- The seconds started their league campaign with an away fixture to Celtic Bhoys and went down to a heavy defeat. They will be looking to bounce back on Tuesday night when they play Rossglass County in Dunleath, this match kiscks off at 6.30pm.
- The ladies have their final league game this Wednesday night and they will be looking to finish on a positive note when they welcome Ballynahinch Ladies to Dunleath on Wednesday night for a 7.30pm kick off. Last week the Ladies were beat 4 – 1 away to Lurgan Town, Downpatrick’s goal scorer was Louise Baker.
- Training for mini soccer will commence on Monday 4th September in St Dillon’s Avenue, more details will be released later.