This weeks club notes include details of this weeks fixtures and training sessions, click on the link below to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 23/01/17
- The first team are back in action this Saturday after a two week break, they welcome Crumlin United to Rosconnor, this game kicks off at 2.00pm.
- The seconds are also back in action this week in the last 16 of the Harry Clarke Cup, they travel to play neighbours Drumaness Mills seconds at Meadowvale and this match kicks off at 1.30pm.
- Training for the ladies continues on Tuesday nights, all old and new players are welcome. Players are asked to report to the front of the Downshire at 8pm for fitness training, please wear trainers and bring a bottle of water.
- This Saturday sees January’s 100 club draw in Murphy’s Bar, the draw will take place around 5.00pm. Can all those who take part in the draw please ensure that they have their money paid.
- After last Saturday’s victory against Lisburn Rangers, the under 19’s play Ballymena this Saturday at Ballymacoss, the match kicks off at 11.00am. Downpatrick defeated Lisburn Rangers by a score line of 3 – 2, the goals coming from Andrew McCoubrey, Callum Shields & Sam Kinnear. The under 19’s are looking to recruit new players, if you are interested in playing for them please contact Tony McShane 07716 853990.
- The under 16’s lost to Ballyclare last Saturday, Kyle McKeever scored Downpatrick’s goal with an unstoppable free kick. They will be hoping to get back to winning ways this Saturday when they play league leaders Shankill United in Ballymacoss, this match kicks off at 11.15am.
- The under 15’s travel to play Castlewellan on Saturday morning at the Bann Road pitches, the kick off for this match is 10.00am.
- The under 13’s will be looking to return to action on Saturday morning after last weeks came was called off due to a frozen pitch. This week they play league leaders Lisburn Distillery at Glenmore with an 11.15am kick off.
- The 9-a-side development team are also in action on Saturday morning, they play Coney Island at 10.25am and Tollymore at 11.50am in Dunleath.
- The Mini Soccer continues on Sunday morning, the coaches will contact the players about what times they play at.
- Our Mini Soccer and under 6 training also continues on Monday nights, the under 6’s and kids born in 2010, 2009 and 2008 is from 6.00pm – 7.00pm and those children born in 2007 and 2006 is from 7.00pm – 8.00pm. Please note the under 6’s training is indoor.