This weeks club notes include updates on this weeks fixtures and training information, also the club are looking for volunteers, click on the link below to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 05/10/15
- The first team travel to play Nortel in the Border Cup, this match kicks off at 2.00pm. The club would like to thank Autoline Insurance Group, Downpatrick for sponsoring last Saturday’s match. If any business is interested in sponsoring a match please contact Tony McShane 07716 853990.
- The seconds travel to play Newcastle Swifts in Donard Park this Saturday in the Bobby Dalzell Cup, kick off is 1.30pm. The club would like to thank Katherine Beers from Posh Nails for sponsoring last Saturday’s match.
- The ladies season comes to an end this Saturday evening when they hold their presentation in Murphy’s Bar. All those attending are reminded that proceedings get underway at 8pm sharp.
- All senior members’ membership is now due; please ensure you give it to your manager ASAP.
- The club are seeking volunteers to help with our ever growing Youth Section; we know time is precious so if you can only commit to 1 hour a week we can work with that. The club needs volunteers to help produce press releases, write match reports, looking after our club website & social media sites, taking registrations and fees, organising fundraisers or Social Events, Coach the kids or help with our Qualified Coaches to take a session. If your interested in helping out please feel free to contact Tony McShane 07716 853990 or Paul Moore 07549 661772.
- Girls Only Training will start on Monday 5th October, this training is for girls aged 7 year old to 15 years old and will be taken by fully qualified female coaches. For the first four weeks the training will be from 6.00pm – 7.00pm. (Please ensure your child is dressed for the weather, it can get very cold). All sessions will be structured and focused on developing player’s skills and techniques. If you want to know more please contact Paul Moore the football club’s Youth Development Officer 07549661772
- The under 14’s are in league action this Saturday in the Lisburn League, they play Lisburn Distillery. The under 15’s play Windmill this Saturday at Moira, both games kick off is at 9.30am.
- The under 13’s won their first game of the season last Sunday when they overcame Kilmore Rec. This Sunday they play Coney Island in Dunleath at 10.30am.
- The 9-a-side Development League kicked off in impressive style last Saturday morning, Downpatrick played competitive games against Tollymore Bears and Coney Island. All players enjoyed game time and plenty of touches on the ball. This Saturday they play Newcastle at 11.20am and Rossglass County at 11.40am.
- Training on a Monday night for our mini section continues on Monday night from 6pm to 7pm in the Red High, this training is aimed for 4 year olds to 10 year olds. All old and new players are welcome, if you would like more information please contact Paul Moore on 07549 661772.