This weeks club notes include information on our upcoming fundraiser, weekly fixtures and training sessions, click on the link below to read more…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 03-04-17
- In partnership with Downpatrick RGU we are holding a joint fundraiser known as ‘SKYBALL’, both clubs will be selling tickets for £5.00 with the chance to win a first prize of £1000.00, second prize of £200.00 and three further prizes of £100.00 each. The fundraiser involves people purchasing a ticket, each ticket will be allocated a square on the top grass pitch at the RGU, five balls will be dropped from a helicopter over the pitch and each square that a ball lands in will be prize winners starting with the first prize. To purchase a ticket contact a member of the committee or check out the online option on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Downpatrick are holding a Junior Strictly Come Dancing Fundraiser in June, we are looking for Boys aged between 12 & 18 years old to participate. If you’re interested in taking part please PM our Facebook page or e-mail the club at email@example.com.
- This Saturday Downpatrick are at Rosconnor Playing Field, they welcome Albert Foundry in the league, and this match kicks off at 2.00pm. Then on Tuesday night they welcome neighbours Drumaness Mills to the same venue for a league fixture, this match kicks off at 6.45pm.
- The seconds travel to play league contenders Annalong Swifts in a league game, this match kicks off at 2.00pm.
- The ladies had their first pre-season game last Wednesday when they played neighbours Kilmore Rec ladies in Crossgar. Downaptrick eventually ran out winners with a score line of four nil, the goals coming from Morgan Shannon who scored two, Rachel McKeown and Orla Boyle.
- Congratulations to Colin Jones, Kevin Gardiner and Conail Gardiner who completed their Introductory Award Coaching Certificate last Monday night in Newcastle. Downpatrick FC would also like to thank Andy Hall and Tollymore Football Club for providing those spaces on the coaching course for us.
- The under 16’s have two fixtures in the next seven days, they play Ballyclare in the league on Saturday morning, this match kicks off at 11.15am in Wallace Park. Then on Monday night they are in cup action when they play Lurgan Celtic in the semi-final. This match is at Ballymacoss and kicks off at 6.30pm.
- The under 15’s have a free week this Saturday, training for this age group has also moved to the grass pitch at St Dillon’s Avenue.
- The under 13’s play Lisburn Ladies again on Wednesday night, this match is in the Supplementary Cup and is at the Lisburn Leisureplex with a 6.30pm kick off. Then on Saturday they have a league fixture against North End, this match kicks off at 11.15am at Barbour Playing Fields.
- The 9-a-side development team have no fixture this week due to the cup semi-finals taking place.
- The Mini Soccer continues on Sunday morning, the coaches will contact the players about what times they play at.
- Our Mini Soccer training continues on Monday night but has moved to the grass pitch at St Dillon’s Avenue, the time for this training has also changed to 6.30pm – 7.30pm.
- The under 6’s training continues on Monday nights in the Sports Hall of the De La Salle School from 6.00pm – 7.00pm. Please note access to the hall is now from the main entrance of the De La Salle School.