Catch up on this weeks club notes by clicking on the link below…
Club Notes – Week Beginning 12/10/15
- Downpatrick FC are pleased to announce their latest fundraiser – DOWNPATRICK FC presents ‘A CLASS ACT’ Talent Show. Can you sing like Beyonce, dance like Michael Flately or tell jokes like top comedian Peter Kay then why not check out our website and Facebook page for more details. The winner of the talent show will win £500.00. For more information contact Kerry Fisher 07918 641992. This talent show has no age restriction so anyone can audition. Please e-mail: email@example.com with the following information 1) Full Name 2) Date of Birth (if under 16) 3) Type of Act 4) Contact Number.
- The first team travel to play Comber Rec in the quarter final of the Border Cup, this match kicks off at 2.00pm. The club would like to thank Murphy’s Stores, Downpatrick for sponsoring last Saturday’s match. If any business is interested in sponsoring a match please contact Tony McShane 07716 583990.
- The seconds travel to play Newcastle Swifts in Donard Park this Saturday in the Bobby Dalzell Cup, kick off is 1.30pm.
- The ladies season presentation last Saturday night, the award winners were:
Managers Player of the Year & Top Goalscorer – Kyla Trainor
Players Player of the Year Orla Beattie
Young Player of the Year Caoimhe Robinson.
Playing for Downpatrick Ladies for over 10 years – Michelle Madine, Kerry Fisher and missing from the photo Lisa O’Donnell
- All senior members’ membership is now due; please ensure you give it to your manager ASAP.
- The club are seeking volunteers to help with our ever growing Youth Section; we know time is precious so if you can only commit to 1 hour a week we can work with that. The club needs volunteers to help produce press releases, write match reports, looking after our club website & social media sites, taking registrations and fees, organising fundraisers or Social Events, Coach the kids or help with our Qualified Coaches to take a session. If your interested in helping out please feel free to contact Tony McShane 07716 853990 or Paul Moore 07549 661772.
- Girls Only Training continues on Monday nights, this training is for girls aged 7 year old to 15 years old and will be taken by fully qualified female coaches, so far we have 50 girls attending each night. For the first four weeks the training will be from 6.00pm – 7.00pm. (Please ensure your child is dressed for the weather, it can get very cold). All sessions will be structured and focused on developing player’s skills and techniques. If you want to know more please contact Paul Moore the football club’s Youth Development Officer 07549 661772.
- The under 14’s are in league action this Saturday in the Lisburn League, they play Chimney Corner, this match is at Barbour Playing Fields.
- The under 15’s play Portadown Youth this Saturday at Wallace Park, both games kick off is at 11.30am.
- The under 13’s put up an impressive performance against reigning champions Coney Island on Saturday, especially the in the first half. This Sunday they play Portaferry in Dunleath at 11.30am.
- The 9-a-side Development League saw us play competitive games against Newcastle and Rossglass County. All players enjoyed game time and plenty of touches on the ball. This Saturday they play Kilmore Rec at 11.00am and Newcastle at 11.40am.
- Training on a Monday night for our mini section continues on Monday night from 6.00pm – 7.00pm in the Red High, this training is aimed for 4 year olds to 10 year olds. All old and new players are welcome, if you would like more information please contact Paul Moore on 07549 661772.