This weeks notes include information on the fixtures for all teams, information on training and fundraisers, click on the link below to read more….
Club Notes – Week Beginning 12/09/16
- Downpatrick firsts return to action on Saturday in the second round of the Border Cup when they welcome Grove United to Rosconnor, this match kicks off at 2.00pm.
- Downpatrick FC are running a 100 club with the first draw due to be held on the last Saturday of October, you pay £10.00 a month by Standing Order, pick a number between 1 & 100 and each month a draw is done for three prizes – 1st – £250.00, 2nd £150.00 & 3rd £100.00, for more information please contact Mark Murphy 07738 637702.
- Downpatrick Athletic play Carryduff Colts in Dunleath on Saturday, this league match kicks off at 2.00pm.
- Downpatrick are still looking for sponsors for this years strip so if any businesses are interested please contact Tony McShane 07716 853990.
- Congratulations to Kyla Trainor who has been nominated for Player of the Year in the Division 1 South League, we will find out in a few weeks if she has been successful. Well Done and Good Luck Kyla.
- Downpatricks under 19’s have no fixture this Saturday due to a number of their players being involved with RGU Minors in the Championship Final. All players are asked to train Tuesday and Thursday this week and make themselves available for the seconds.
- Good Luck to the RGU Minors in their championship final this Saturday against Bredagh from everyone at Downpatrick FC.
- The under 16’s and 13’s in the Lisburn League are both in league action this Saturday morning, the 16’s play Lurgan Town at Ballymacoss pitches, this match kicks off at 9.30am and the 13’s play Hillsborough Boys at Moira, this game kicks off at 11.15am.
- After last weeks postponement of all league fixtures the under 15’s start their league campaign on Saturday morning in the Downpatrick Youth League, they play Kilmore Rec. in Dunleath, this game kicks off at 10.50am. Good Luck boys.
- The 9-a-side development team are continuing to prepare for the start of their development games later in the month, the players have been training away and have a few friendly games lined up.
- Mini Soccer Training returned on Monday 5th September from 30pm – 7.30pm in St Dillon’s Avenue Pitch, this will continue until Monday 19th September, all old and new players are welcome. Membership is due on 5th September. The Mini Soccer training is for children born in 2009 (6 year olds) to children born in 2006 (11 year olds), all children must wear football boots and shin guards. Please ensure each child is dressed for the weather. For more information please contact Paul Moore 07549 661772.